Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Notes on Baby-Dicking

My favorite phrase (copy-write pending) is on the top of raisin brain this morning. Perhaps because I was yelling it repeatedly through a whiskey haze, perhaps because it was so incredibly relevant recently.

Or perhaps I have caught myself in the act of baby-dicking.

Baby-dicking: an expression that can be interchangeable with "pussy-footing" around. IE - someone who is not living up to their potential as a badass, not being physical present to defend oneself, or bailing on friends/events for less than badass reasons

I confess my baby-dicking while engaging in the act. You see, this morning I am working alone in a basement in a building in the middle of Detroit's east residential area. That is long from for "the hood". I am working in a windowless basement with mice and cockroaches. I am covered in a blanket and wearing two sweatshirts because it is 40 degrees down here. My boss has rejected my requests for a space heater. I am of the understanding that he expects me to buy one for myself if I would like to thaw my hands enough to type. The mold has triggered my allergies and I cannot shake my sinus infection. The mold creeps from all corners, the ceilings are falling in under the weight of mold and water damage. This place is a shit hole and I work in the icy-cold taint of the beast.

I am watching myself not bother to dress for work because I am going to be alone and shivering in a corner all day. I am watching myself baby-dick around with the acceptable conditions I deserve as an employee. I have the most continuous seniority of any office staff. I have the most education of any office staff. I am working in the corner of a basement. I am cold. (I am NEVER cold, ask my boyfriend) I am checking out as the days drag by...

I need to stop baby-dicking around.

No comments:

Post a Comment