Thursday, January 20, 2011

ReallyRoughRegrets

More R words.

I think I might have screwed myself (again). It becomes facinating for me to watch myself make decisions for a variety of reasons, then doubt those reasons in the light of the day, and therefore, doubt my decision.

I doubt my decision making skills. I am unsure if it is best to make decisions with your heart, or with your head, or with your gut, or with all three. What can I trust to tell me the truth before it's too late? Why can't I be patient enough to let time tell me answers? And since when did I start making decisions based completely on my own thoughts? I know that I cannot trust my whims, but I guess I can no longer differentiate between a whim and true emotion.

I am at a loss, for it is too late. I can feel now the gravity of my decision and consequential unjustified sadism. I can feel my pain, guilt, self-disgust competing for my emotional attention. It's pretty much awful. Expect lots of really dark poetry, for I finally broke through the hard outer shell and my soft insides are bleeding out. I will try my best to continue pursing my 2011 goals of self-cultivation, despite the fact that this notion may have screwed me already.

1 comment:

  1. Was just catching up on your blog, glancing at mine... looking at it from an outsider's perspective made me think I'd really like to know you in real life.

    But I already know you. so I guess I win.
    you win by default, because, you know, you are already you.

    ReplyDelete